The newly re-branded Future Energy Nigeria strategic conference will continue to drive collaboration, networking and solutions. Delivering a conference programme of interaction and knowledge sharing and an exhibition platform for trade deals and networking, Future Energy Nigeria is the place to be.
Pre Conference Masterclass | 6 November 2017
Financing options for Renewable Energy:
This masterclass will explore what makes a renewable project bankable and the financing opportunities for your project.
Conference Day 1 | 7 November 2017
Opening Keynote Session:
What does the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) mean for the Nigerian Energy Sector?
In collaboration with the Oil and Gas Council, the Future Energy Nigeria Conference will have an opening Ministerial welcome address, where leaders will provide direction on the Nigerian economy and assure confidence.
Private sector voices in the hot seat:
This session will see leading figures within the private power sector delve into the liquidity challenge and give insight on how Nigeria can leapfrog ageing infrastructure and develop an innovative sector.
After the opening keynote sessions, delegates will join the strategic seminar sessions., themes include:
- The Future of the Transmission Company of Nigeria | This session seeks to debate the direction of TCN
- Reducing distribution losses | As one of the biggest issues keeping the power sector up at night, this session will seek to understand the status of Disco’s auditing to and lead into a panel on solutions for a quicker and stringent turnaround for collecting revenue
Conference Day 2 | 8 November 2017
Opening Keynote Session:
Resolving the legacy on on-going debts
In his lecture titled “Power sector reform in Nigeria: Challenges and the way forward”, Hon Babatunde Raji Fashola, Minister of Power, Energy and Housing, said, “We are working round the clock to solve the (power supply) problem. Towards the Nigerian power sector facing liquidity, remittances by distribution companies and having a tariff everybody thought was cost reflective”. The day 2 opening keynote session will discuss capacity constraints, update on transmission networks, eligible customer in practice and current status on having a tariff everybody thought was cost reflective.
- Solar project focused roundtable discussions | Participants will hear solar project developers in state their journey. See their project photos and understand the challenges they face and how they overcame/ are overcoming their obstacles.
- Thermal project focused roundtable discussions | Participants will hear from project developers and understand the latest progress on gas IPPs and coal projects. Industry experts will engage in finding out the key challenges stinting the thermal sector and how they overcame/ are overcoming their obstacle.
- Hydropower project focused roundtable discussions | Hydropower is one of the major sources of base load electricity generation because of its generation stability. Despite its high initial capital cost, it provides one of the cheapest and cleanest sources of electricity. Participants will hear from project developers and understand the latest progress on hydropower projects, in specific reference to the Mammalia hydropower project concession plans. Industry experts will engage in finding out the key challenges stinting the hydropower sector and how they overcame/ are overcoming their obstacles.
For more information, please contact Yolisa Nyoka | email@example.com | +27 (0)21 001 3816