Accessing the unprecedented $1 billion earmarked for mini-grids
14:30-14:50 Demand stimulation strategies for mini grid projects
Olumide Fatoki, Senior Advisor at the Sustainable Energy Access (Off-Grid) Unit of the Nigerian Energy Support Programme, GIZ, Nigeria
14:50-16:00 Panel discussion: Problem solving for how Nigerian companies can tap into mini-grid funding
- Understanding how multilaterals are paying for services rendered
- How can mini grid companies access working capital?
- Bankability of rural customers: the need for productive use demand side support
- What can institutions do to better support Nigerian mini-grid companies?
- Olumide Fatoki, Senior Advisor at the Sustainable Energy Access (Off-Grid) Unit of the Nigerian Energy Support Programme, GIZ, Nigeria
- Terje Osmundsen, Founder/CEO, Empower New Energy, Norway
- Suleiman Babamanu, Senior Technical Project Manager, Rural Electrification Agency, Nigeria
- Clare Sierawski, USTDA Power Africa Manager: West Africa region, U.S Trade and Development Agency, Ghana
- Peter Eboh, Manager: Project Delivery, Arnergy, Nigeria