11:30 - 12:05
12:05 - 12:15
Evaluation and results
12:15 - 13:00
Supporting the deployment of bankable renewable energy projects in Nigeria
Small to mid-size project financing is a long, costly and complex process involving various intermediaries. Although significant efforts have been made to foster the inclusion of renewable energies in Nigeria, there is a need to move from planning to action and thus to support the development of bankable renewable energy projects in Nigeria.
Future Energy Nigeria works to make a lasting impact to the Nigerian power sector by sharing ideas and best practices in the conference sessions and by providing a place to network and do business in the Expo. We would like to break down any barriers that exist between green finance and green projects and accelerate deal making with a pitch session for bankable renewable energy projects.
- The goal of the project presentation is to present your bankable project to potential investors from the banking sector, Development Finance Institutions and private equity sectors
- It is an opportunity to secure sustainable funding for your project and receive credible advice from investors in the sector
- Receive ad hoc support to initiatives requiring a financial/investment viewpoint
Proposed Renewable Energy Projects to be selected for presentation
- The submitted concept notes will go through a rigorous evaluation process, and the 5 best ideas will be shortlisted to be presented on the recommendations of the Renewable Energy Associations of Nigeria (REAN).
- Private equity
- Commercial banks
- Private investors
- 5 project developers to present their bankable projects in a 7 minute PowerPoint presentation
- 1:1 Individual meetings between potential investors and project developers will proceed